Despite all my talk about bravery in a modern world, I am afraid.
- I’m afraid of failing my goal.
- I’m afraid of missing my children grow up.
- I’m afraid of running out of time.
- I’m afraid of losing people close to me.
- I’m afraid of losing myself.
Yet, without fear there can be no bravery. Without risk, there is no challenge.
Who “braves” one foot waves in their sailboat or takes on the “challenge” of arm wrestling their grandmother? If you’re not afraid, you’re not brave.
You’re also not pushing yourself hard enough.
As leaders it’s okay to talk about our fears. After that it’s time to do something about them.
Have a brave night,
Like my blog? Subscribe to “Thoughts from an 8pm Warrior” via email